Virtual ice breakers have become a helpful tool to enhance online team meetings and build camaraderie among people now working remotely.
A good icebreaker can inspire creativity at your next Zoom meeting and help your team get to know each other better.
We’ve assembled five of our favorite virtual icebreakers that will have your team bonding in the first five minutes of your next virtual meeting.
- Poll questions. A good question can get your team members talking…even on a Monday morning. Try www.polleverywhere.com to have meeting participants answer a question like “what’s your energy level today?” or “what’s your favorite work from home afternoon snack?”
- Home scavenger hunt. You can ask your team to each snap a picture of the view from their window and post to the company intranet or team slack account. View them all at the beginning of the meeting and make a list of things that people have to find in the pictures.
- Show and tell. This is an oldie but goodie! Let your co-workers bring something to the meeting and talk about it for two minutes. One of our faves is to bring an item that’s older than you are and share why you brought it to the group.
- Zoom background challenge. Find an image of your favorite 80’s music group or song and use it as your Zoom background for the next virtual meeting. **If you’re obsessed with the eighties like we are, book a time to visit our “Bustin’ Out of the Eighties” escape room game at www.wholebrainescape.com
- Team trivia quiz. Before the meeting, ask your meeting participants to submit “two truths and a lie” about themselves. Then use slido.com to do a quick team quiz to help everyone get to know each other better.
Quick icebreakers to help your meeting participants engage with each other from the very beginning may help with focus, problem solving and camaraderie.
And, when you’re ready to get your team out of their home offices, let Whole Brain Escape help you plan your next team building event.
Visit our website at www.wholebrainescape.com to learn more about the escape room adventures we offer or follow us on Facebook to see what we’re up to.